Thursday, October 27, 2005

No gamelans in sight...



Everybody Loves Irene "Memento Mori"

Lame aside- the phrase "memento mori"(Latin for "remember the dead") was perhaps my thing to scrawl across my many notebooks of goth-tinged poetry back in grade school, when Siousxie and Robert were gods and "Bela Lugosi's Dead" didn't make me giggle uncontrollably.

The song- downtempo, organic trip-hop with sad, whistful female vocals. I downloaded it on a rainy day and it fit the mood splendidly.

The amazing part- the band is Indonesian(and not a gamelan in sight). I never would have guessed this had I not ran across the band's myspace (Everybody Loves Irene Myspace).

The best part- their myspace contains a similarly organic, mournful cover of, get this, The Misfits'(?!?) "Hybrid Moments" that sounds like Cocteau Twins. Weird. I was able to find it available for download here: Everybody Loves Irene "Hybrid Moments"

4 Comments:

Blogger fifbeat said...

Great song. I need a higher bit rate/better quality one. :D Hook a brotha up.

Reminds me of unreleased Cibo Matto shit! :D

4:04 PM  
Blogger En Particulier said...

I'll forward you an email with all their stuff and more.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should also listen to tika, she's amazing. and she's also from indonesia :)

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://download184.mediafire.com/m3zalljujymg/nei0n1qwznr/ELI2.rar

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home