Sunday, November 13, 2005



Some gloomy/downbeat music to offset a great weekend; the Weegee exhibition at the Getty blew my mind and a party last night in El Monte was great fun. Los Angeles has been kind to me these past few days, but I can't return the favor. Orange County is still better. Hate though you may, I love...

...being surrounded by hateful conservatives whose politics are to the right of the John Birch Society
...begging my girlfriend not to make me accompany her to South Coast Plaza
...OC WEEKLY.
...taking a swim in the dark brown waters of Huntington Beach
...and the fact that the residents are so dense that they don't bat an eye when referring to their home as "The O.C." Would you ever see San Francisco residents name-dropping a show called "'Frisco" that is set in a fictionalized-beyond-recognizablity version of the titular city but filmed in Malibu?

Iron & Wine/Calexico "Wild Horses"(Stones cover)
DJ Krush "Candle Chant (A Tribute)"
Fat Lip "What's Up, Fatlip?"
DJ Shadow "Mongrel...""...meets his maker"
RIP Arrested Development. How I'll miss your accurate portrayal of my county. And David Cross in cut-off shorts/as a Blue Man. Yum*.

*By yum, I mean hairy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home