Monday, January 30, 2006

School begins tomorrow. Joy.


Amon Duul II "Archangel's Thunderbird"(Krautrock)
Ima Robot "STD Dance"(Post-punky dancerock shit with just a pinch of hip-hop. Better than fucking Moving Units, that's for sure.)
Devo "That's Good"(Need I explain this one? Devo at it's gawky best. For a laugh, be sure not to miss the Devo-approved Dev2.0)(and for more of the same don't miss the utterly astounding Polysics...)
Polysics "Tei Tei Tei"(See what I mean? Now that is Devo 2.0)
Monsters are Waiting "Nobody"(Awesome LA new wave band I caught a few months back opening for theSTART...their LP drops in March, I believe. The singer is a very enigmatic young woman and their songs are among the catchiest I've heard in ages.)
Popul Vuh "Aguirre I"(Haunting theme to my favorite film. This version ends with the native playing the tribal instrument, as seen in the film. And in case you aren't in the know, Werner Herzog's "Aguirre, the Wrath of God" is amazing. Don't rent it. Buy it. Now. You won't be dissapointed.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home